Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Computer RAGE.


No.
        No.
        No.
        No.
        NO!
        WHY?! WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME??? WHY DOES MY COMPUTER HATE ME SO???
        Everytime I type out a chapter, my computer completely erases it! When I try to save the newly-typed out chapter on OpenOffice, my whole computer freezes up! I end up having to unplug the whole damn thing and re-boot it, simply because it wanted to be temperamental! UGH!
       And it only freezes when I try to save a chapter on it. If I'm just typing down a quick To-Do list, it will save it without problem! It's only when I type out a pretty good chunk of a chapter that it decides to have a meltdown.
       All right, readers. Will you please tell me if this ever happens to you when using OpenOffice? I really love that program, and it's completely awesome, but my computer refuses to cooperate with it.

        And also, the next chapter will hopefully be out before next month. (I don't know how long it will take to write out that part of the chapter again. And it all came from the top of my head, so I know it won't be as good as the first time.)
       
        I'm going to go crawl into a corner and sob hysterically now.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry that your computer seems to despise Open Office. I don't have a problem with the program at all, and my computer is pretty darn finicky--freezes every 24-48 hours...that kind of thing. Today it won't load Facebook but loads everything else. Sheesh!! Anywhooo, you have my sincerest sympathies, and I hope your computer will respond to a serious talking-to. Most inanimate objects tend to obey when they know you're serious: my '91 Toyota Corolla Molly (named for Molly Weasley) and my former laptop Eeyore (slow and gloomy) are cases in point. Eeyore is dead; long live Sirius (my newer laptop--all Black and quick-tempered). And Molly creeps along with loud complaints, but she's still running. ;) See?

    Sorry for the Monday morning word-vomit here; I have to go plan the boybarians' school week, and after 15 years of doing this chore of school planning every Sunday night/Monday morning, I. Hate. It. So word vomit is preferable. Sorry it's aimed at you this week. I'll try to spew in a different direction next Monday.

    Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete